Simple check list to keep handy to make sure your first night in your new home is comfortable
We have put together the following list for you to keep as a checklist to ensure your first night in your new house is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
There is nothing worse than arriving at your new house, opening the bubbly and then realising you don’t know where your work clothes are for the next day. This can create unnecessary stress and really put a dampener on the excitement of being in your new home, which is why this list can help you plan and prepare yourself, so you can enjoy the first night as it should be.
- Bedding (sheets, pillows)
- Work clothes (Ironed and ready to wear)
- Cleaning supplies (washing liquid, tea towels, clothes etc.)
- Phone chargers
- First aid kit
- Flashlight (or a charged phone with a flashlight)
- Medicine/ prescription drugs
- Bin bags
- Enough cutlery for all family members
- Keep out some plates/bowls/ cups (preferably plasticware as it is lighter)
- Be prepared and research the local take-away venues in the area. Download apps such as UberEats or Eatnow, or if you get to the location early enough simply pick up some take-away menus.
- Celebratory bubbly
- Plenty of spare clothes
- Baby supplies (nappies, wipes, pacifier, etc.)
- Night light / diffuser & lavender oil to help with the potential stress of the move
- Toilet Paper
- Shampoo/ soap
- Hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)
- Bathroom mat
- Animal food
- Lead & collar
- Important ID Document (drivers licence, passports, birth certificates, etc.)
- Utilities documents
- Real Estate agreement papers
- Other important documents that you wouldn’t want to get lost in the move – keep these close in a safe place.
We hope that by using the above checklist you can move smoothly into your new home and enjoy the excitement of the first night with your family.