Removals & moving cover

Add extra peace of mind to your removalist booking through Muval Cover.

Call: 1300 168 825
Person writing a checklist on a notepad

We’re making it easy to add moving cover made specifically for furniture removals and moving house

You are moving your valued possessions and we, like you, want to help make sure everything gets from A to B safely. That's why we created Muval Cover: a specialist offering for Muval customers to provided added peace of mind to your move.

Muval Cover is available exclusively to customers who book through Muval.

View the Muval Cover Warranty Terms & Conditions

As an added benefit of booking through Muval, $5,000 of complimentary cover is available for MuveXpress bookings (exclusions apply).

About Muval Cover

Muval cover provides you with peace of mind that your goods are protected from unexpected damage during the process of moving house.

  • Dedicated cover for loading, in transit, removalist storage and unloading
  • Cover starts from $129 inc GST for $5,000 coverage*
  • Up to 30 days of cover whilst in removalist storage during the move process
  • Comprehensive inventory selector so you choose what gets covered
  • Clear and straightforward claims process
  • No need to fill in other forms, all integrated with your Muval information
  • Covers you for Removalists on the Muval platform
  • Simple $500 excess if you need to make a claim

*$129 inc GST for $5,000 worth of cover is based on $500 excess and all goods were itemized specifically as part of the quote.

Removalist carefully carying a box down stairs
Muval moving boxes and packing tape sitting on a desk

Removals insurance explained

You may be wondering if you need removals insurance. Don't removalists have insurance that cover your move by default? Well, yes and no.

Every removalist on the Muval platform must have up-to-date public liability and goods-in-transit insurances in order to be eligible to receive bookings. However, this doesn't cover you specifically for accidental damage to your property when loading and unloading the truck.

Public liability insurance generally covers the removalist if they damage your premises in the process of your move.

Good in transit insurance will cover the removalist if something happens to the truck while on the road and usually extends to cover your property in the event of a road accident.

None of the above will allow you to personally claim directly for damages to your belongings. The best way to ensure you're covered and you're in control of a claim process is to purchase Muval Cover—an insurance-like warranty product designed to cover your items while moving.

Contact us today to arrange your cover on 1300 168 825.

Disclaimer: Nothing on this page or website constitutes advice or personalised information regarding insurance for your move. Information is generic in nature and may not apply to your specific situation. Refer to the Muval Cover Warranty Terms & Conditions for further information.