Removals & moving insurance

Add extra peace of mind to your removalist booking through removals insurance.

Call: 1300 168 825
Person writing a checklist on a notepad

We’re making it easy to add moving insurance made specifically for furniture removals and moving house

You are moving your valued possessions and we, like you, want to help make sure everything gets from A to B safely. That's why we created Muval Cover: a specialist offering for Muval customers to provided added peace of mind to your move.

Muval Cover is available exclusively to customers who book through Muval.

Download policy documents

As an added benefit of booking through Muval, $5,000 of complimentary cover is available for all MuveXpress bookings.

About Muval Cover

Muval cover provides you with peace of mind that your goods are protected from unexpected damage during the process of moving house.

  • Dedicated cover for loading, in transit, storage options and unloading
  • Premiums starting from $129 inc GST for $5,000 coverage*
  • Simple $500 excess to help meet your budget
  • Options for coverage for time in storage as well as moving
  • Comprehensive inventory selector so you choose what gets covered
  • One point of contact through Muval for quotes, claims & personal data
  • No need to fill in other forms, all integrated with your Muval information
  • Coverage extension options for antiques or highly valuable items
  • Covers you for Removalists on the Muval platform
  • Underwritten by QBE and provided through Australian Risk Applications

*$129 inc GST for $5,000 worth of coverage is based on $500 excess option being chosen and all goods were itemized specifically as part of the quote.

Removalist carefully carying a box down stairs
Muval moving boxes and packing tape sitting on a desk

Removals insurance explained

You may be wondering why you need removals insurance. Don't removalists have insurance that cover your move by default? Well, yes and no.

Every removalist on the Muval platform must have up-to-date public liability and goods-in-transit insurances in order to be eligible to receive bookings. However, this doesn't cover you specifically for accidental damage to your property when loading and unloading the truck.

Public liability insurance generally covers the removalist if they damage your premises in the process of your move.

Good in transit insurance will cover the removalist if something happens to the truck while on the road and usually extends to cover your property in the event of a road accident.

None of the above will allow you to personally claim directly for damages to your belongings. The best way to ensure you're covered and you're in control of the claims process is to purchase your own removals insurance policy through Muval Cover.

Contact us today to arrange your cover on 1300 168 825.

Disclaimer: Nothing on this page or website constitutes advice or personalised information regarding insurance for your move. Information is generic in nature and may not apply to your specific situation. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide for further information.