Melbourne to Darwin Backloading
View pricing, read reviews and book online. Easy!
As seen on:
Backloading is a cheaper way of transporting furniture or items around Australia. It involves placing your items or furniture on a truck that already has a primary load booked either by utilising the excess space in the truck, or putting it in the truck on its return journey.
Backloaders servicing from Melbourne to Darwin cost $256.08 per cubic meter on average. The average job price is $2,586.40 and the average space per job is 10.10 cubic meters. The total distance that needs to be travelled is 3,741.48km.
$256.08 / m3Average price per cubic meter
$2,586.40Average job price
10.10m3Average space per job
Melbourne to Darwin interstate removalists
Find the best interstate removalists Melbourne to Darwin can offer with Muval, compare instant prices, read reviews and book online.
Book with confidence that you'll get exceptional service and care starting from $256 per cubic meter.
- Dawson Moving and Storage is an Australian family owned and operated company who have been dedicated in moving Australia since 1927.4.56 (9 reviews)
- Interstate Removalist company specialising in the safest removals across the states4.95 (179 reviews)
- We are committed to the highest standards in all aspects of operations and always take extreme care with everything we do.5.00 (1 reviews)
- No-one understands moves like we do, and we offer a vast range of storage and concierge services so we can manage all aspects of your move4.32 (56 reviews)
- We've spent a long time learning how to move things the right way - vigilant preparation, thorough training, and compassionate attitude!4.53 (330 reviews)
- We are your one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you want to do it yourself or get the experts in, we have it covered.4.92 (141 reviews)
- Since 1987, Aussiemove has been moving families and companies around Adelaide, across Australia and around the world.4.05 (78 reviews)
- We are young, highly motivated, smart and reliable company with "can do" attitude. Find out how stress-free is to move with Delivery Kings.4.89 (341 reviews)
- Our team of Interstate Removalists are here to make your move experience as stress-free as possible from start to finish.4.94 (66 reviews)
How much space will I need for my interstate move?
The cost of your Melbourne to Darwin interstate removalists depends on how much space your items take up in the truck or container.
Get a ballpark idea below:
How much space does your move need?
Estimated space needed
How does Muval work?
Your interstate move handled with care. Muval helps you to find quality interstate removalists in Melbourne to Darwin. Here's how it works:
Our platform automatically calculates the space required for your items.
We'll find available trucks at great prices with space when you need it. You can filter by dates, price, rating and more to find the best company to suit your move.
There’s no waiting for removalists to come back with quotes. No hidden surprises, all pricing is up front. You’ll get up to 10 quotes instantly online that you can compare reviews & request to book in one spot.
Why use us?
The benefits speak for themselves.
Our platform automatically calculates and prices your move from a range of quality removal companies without you needing to call around and speak to pushy sales people.
We offer comprehensive insurance cover as an additional extra to your move.
Find out more here.
Pay your booking deposit securely through our encrypted online payments form.
If you’re not satisfied with the company you are matched with after you pay your deposit, we’ll refund you within 2 days.
Our team of move managers are available to help you and answer your questions at any point during your move.
For customers looking for a full-service experience. Muval provides access to book pre-pack and unpacking services, packing materials, and even an exit and entry clean on your premesis.
Frequently asked questions
Muval is a booking platform. We find reliable moving companies at a competitive rate. We help companies fill their space with customers that are happy to fit in with the truck schedule. It is called a shared load option.
Preferably No, It is better to use a fitted sheet on each side of your mattresses to enclose.
Dismantling and assembling the furniture are not included in our standard pricing but can easily be added to your moving service, just ask.
A cubic metre is 1m x 1m x 1m. A full-sized container size is 38m3.
Truck sizes vary from 20m3 to 70m3 and sometimes 100m3.
It is preferable to consider taking out an all-risk policy for your move. We offer two different options of coverage for your move, which include lowering the excess to obtain a lower premium or the ability to cover specific items of your move: https://www.muval.com.au/removals-insurance
If you change your list of items or space required a week before your move, we can usually adjust the price accordingly. In some circumstances this won’t be possible depending on the booking volume and amount of change and notice provided.
When looking at your kitchen, the industry standard is one book carton to each cupboard door.
If you have the original TV box, please use it. You can also purchase TV storage/removal boxes from storage centres. If you don’t have a box and can’t source one, the removalist will use heavy-duty blankets to protect the TV.
Don't take our word for it4.8 (341) Rating from Google reviews
Natasha GallaharMuval customer on google.com.au
Fantastic service, always go above and beyond and more than happy to answer questions. I’ll never use another company as I know 100% I get the best price and best service with Muval.
I highly recommend for anybody looking at moving interstate to contact these guys, I’ve used them twice.
Our top tips and tricks for moving
Read our best tips and tricks on everything from saving money on removalists to finding someone to service your car near your new home.
View information currently available from each of the Australian State Governments to help answer your questions when it comes to moving house during Coronavirus border restrictions & self isolation lockdowns.