Melbourne to Darwin Backloading
View pricing, read reviews and book online. Easy!
As seen on:
Backloading is a cheaper way of transporting furniture or items around Australia. It involves placing your items or furniture on a truck that already has a primary load booked either by utilising the excess space in the truck, or putting it in the truck on its return journey.
Backloaders servicing from Melbourne to Darwin cost $256.08 per cubic meter on average. The average job price is $2,586.40 and the average space per job is 10.10 cubic meters. The total distance that needs to be travelled is 3,741.48km.
$256.08 / m3Average price per cubic meter
$2,586.40Average job price
10.10m3Average space per job
Melbourne to Darwin interstate removalists
Find the best interstate removalists Melbourne to Darwin can offer with Muval, compare instant prices, read reviews and book online.
Book with confidence that you'll get exceptional service and care starting from $256 per cubic meter.
- Searching for a reliable and professional furniture removals service on the Sunshine Coast, then look no further than to Platinum Removals.5.00 (63 reviews)
- We are young, highly motivated, smart and reliable company with "can do" attitude. Find out how stress-free is to move with Delivery Kings.4.85 (212 reviews)
- Interstate Removalist company specialising in the safest removals across the states4.96 (144 reviews)
- Our Values are deeply rooted in honesty, integrity, respect and diligence; ensuring a job is done properly.4.54 (123 reviews)
- Premium removal services - Careful, Reliable, Punctual, Transparent. As seen on Channel 9 & SBS.4.73 (79 reviews)
- The Duell family have a long-standing background in delivery, with Allan Duell’s great grandfather delivering goods with a horse and wagon.4.38 (24 reviews)
- We take pride in offering an efficient and effective removal service, made straightforward and stress-free with our highly experienced team.4.97 (776 reviews)
- Leave the fuss behind with the help of a full-service removals company. Move smoothly and securely to your new beginning4.88 (48 reviews)
How much space will I need for my interstate move?
The cost of your Melbourne to Darwin interstate removalists depends on how much space your items take up in the truck or container.
Get a ballpark idea below:
How much space does your move need?
Estimated space needed
How does Muval work?
Your interstate move handled with care. Muval helps you to find quality interstate removalists in Melbourne to Darwin. Here's how it works:
Our platform automatically calculates the space required for your items.
We'll find available trucks at great prices with space when you need it. You can filter by dates, price, rating and more to find the best company to suit your move.
There’s no waiting for removalists to come back with quotes. No hidden surprises, all pricing is up front. You’ll get up to 10 quotes instantly online that you can compare reviews & request to book in one spot.
Why use us?
The benefits speak for themselves.
Our platform automatically calculates and prices your move from a range of quality removal companies without you needing to call around and speak to pushy sales people.
We offer comprehensive insurance cover as an additional extra to your move.
Find out more here.
Pay your booking deposit securely through our encrypted online payments form.
If you’re not satisfied with the company you are matched with after you pay your deposit, we’ll refund you within 2 days.
Our team of move managers are available to help you and answer your questions at any point during your move.
For customers looking for a full-service experience. Muval provides access to book pre-pack and unpacking services, packing materials, and even an exit and entry clean on your premesis.
Frequently asked questions
If you cancel within 48 hours of your booking (if your move is more than 5 days away) or give three weeks’ notice before your pick up date, you will get a full refund of your deposit.
We encourage bookings ASAP, and this will hold the price, reserve the space, and give you peace of mind. This can also mean you avoid any future price rise.
Preferably No, It is better to use a fitted sheet on each side of your mattresses to enclose.
A cubic metre is 1m x 1m x 1m. A full-sized container size is 38m3.
Truck sizes vary from 20m3 to 70m3 and sometimes 100m3.
Yes, all of our prices are GST inclusive.
It is preferable to consider taking out an all-risk policy for your move. We offer two different options of coverage for your move, which include lowering the excess to obtain a lower premium or the ability to cover specific items of your move: https://www.muval.com.au/removals-insurance
It is preferred if you or your representative to be present at the pickup and drop off.
We only work with experienced and reputable moving companies and its in their best interests to pack accurately in the trucks for two main reasons:
- It maximizes the space available.
- A tight well-loaded vehicle ensures less movement and motion on the road/rail.
Yes. This varies depends on which company you are using. Usually, the minimum charge is around $300-$500 dependant on the origin and destination.
Don't take our word for it4.8 (228) Rating from Google reviews
Natasha GallaharMuval customer on google.com.au
Fantastic service, always go above and beyond and more than happy to answer questions. I’ll never use another company as I know 100% I get the best price and best service with Muval.
I highly recommend for anybody looking at moving interstate to contact these guys, I’ve used them twice.
Our top tips and tricks for moving
Read our best tips and tricks on everything from saving money on removalists to finding someone to service your car near your new home.